Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Baby's Cells Stay with Mom!

  
Did you know that some of a baby’s cells stay in their mother’s body for fifty years or more?  This is true even if the pregnancy was brief, for every conception makes its mark! I would think that other mothers who have lost a baby at any stage would, like me, find this to be comforting. During pregnancy, cells from the mother and baby cross the placenta. Our babies have some of our cells in them, and we have some of their cells in us. These fetal cells can become part of our blood, or they can become heart muscle cells, or even turn into brain neurons. Sometimes these cells may even heal damaged tissue within our body.

A woman went to a hospital with symptoms of hepatitis. She had had five pregnancies: one live birth, two miscarriages, and two abortions. After a biopsy on her liver, her medical team discovered hundreds of fetal cells. These cells had migrated to the diseased part of her liver and changed into healthy tissue, thereby repairing her liver! Further testing revealed that the cells were from a baby that had been aborted twenty years earlier.

The woman desired no treatment. She wanted to “get on with her life.” She left the hospital with hepatitis… and returned months later. There was no more damage to her liver, and she was completely healthy.

Fetal cells may not always promote healing for mom. Further research has shown that in some cases fetal cells seem to have no impact at all, and in some cases, they seem to have a negative influence. To me, it’s OK. Most likely there are cells from all of my children in my body, bringing health and extending my life, or possibly bringing on some negative thing such as arthritis. It’s all a part of beautiful motherhood. 



Sources / Further reading:




6 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say i'm verrrry sorry for ur loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoltan,
      Please email me at isaiahsmom@mail.com.

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful story. I 'm so sorry for the loss of your little angel Isaiah. Would it be ok to share this video & story with my twitter followers? Thank you & prayers always Please email me @ ronald.bonomo@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Isaiah's Mom, i found your video on you tube, on my journey to healing my soul. I just lost my 20 week baby son on May 29 2019, we had lots of plan and dream to do when we found out that im pregnant after 13 years his sister was born on 2006. Me and his father name him Ignatio, a very special name from saint Ignatius, my husband very adore him. What makes us very sad cause i just lost my mom a week before we lost Our Ignatio. people told me not think to much Ignatio will become an angel, he's just too litte, but for our family Ignatio will forever be our boy, i will always told people when they ask how many children i have, Ignatio will always be in our hearts forever. Thank you for sharing your story, it really helps me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherlly, I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet Ignatio. Thank you for sharing your story about him. I'm glad that Isaiah's video brought you some healing. May Ignatio's memory be eternal!

      Delete